Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Dialog boxes

Chances are there is a dialog box open - behind the window in view. The
usual cause for this is the office plug in of Norton AV. Turn it off.

Alvin wrote:
When I open an existing document or template, I get an error message
saying that the command cannot be performed because a dialog box is
open - even though no dialog box is open. If I click OK the error
message disappears, and the document then opens. Does any one have
any ideas why this happens, and how do I stop it?

Using Word 2003/Windows XP Professional.