Craigp

I hadn't throught about that...I have since had a play and it would seem that
the wizard either stays where it was last placed on the screen or it stays
closed unitl the next time word is restarted.

I mail merge a number of source doucments with multiple data sources each
day so this means that once I turn off the wizard the first time I do a merge
it does not reappear again unitl I close and restart word (ie I only have to
turn it off once a day)

It must be somehthing to do with the system setup. Whist not a solution, I
now know that if I close the merge wizard the first time it shouldn't come
back for the rest of the day.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I must admit I've never had this problem - does the wizard just reappear
when you close and open your Word document? If so, what happens if you close
the wizard, then close your Word document, the re-open?

Peter Jamieson
"Craigp" wrote in message
How do I Turnoff the Mail Mege wizard so that it does not appear everytime
do a mailmerge. I do not need the wizard on and prefer to use the icons
on
the menu bar but I have been unable to find a way to turn off the Wizard.

My main document is in word and my source data is an excel spreadsheet.

I am using Microsoft Word 2002.