Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Totally New Word User -- Word 2007

The Missing Manual series. These books are written in simple terms without
being cute. (I own several Dummies books and sometimes they make me want to
hunt down the author and kindly ask them to tone it down a bit.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kate G." wrote in message
I have a dear friend who finally invested in a computer... and purchased
Word 2007.

I am an above average proficient user of Word -- through 2003 (I do not
own 2007).

I know she is going to be looking for lots of help. Besides annoying all
of you on a regular basis... is there a really good, fairly "simnple"
text that would be a good resource for her. Lots of pics (she is a visual
learner).

The "dummies" series I suppose is an option although I have not checked
out recent releases. I would rather something a little more
"professional" -- while still designed for the TOTALLY new user. (She
never used any version of Word, WordPerfect... nothing!)

So what do you all recommend? (Maybe I'll get a copy for me to -- so when
she asks a question -- I can answer it or at least refer her to the right
page!)

Thanks in advance!

--

Kathryn Groves