Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Multiple notes to a single footnote

I've made the same mistake. Guess who rescued me? g

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Good catch. I didn't look that far down the list

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
It will be formatted as superscript automatically if you use Insert

Reference | Cross-reference to Footnote: Footnote number

(formatted).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Instead of inserting a second footnote insert a cross reference to
the first one, then format the number as superscript.

Eric wrote:
I am creating a document where I need to asterist several items in
my text to the same footnote. In the text I mention Mary, Jane,
Bill, Mike and want to asterist Mary, Bill and Mike to a single
footnote that might say "Honors students". It seems as if Word
wants to give each person his or her own footnote. Is there a way
around this?

Thanks.

Eric