Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word Wrapping An Image

When you use Insert Caption for a wrapped image, you get a caption in a text
box, which is rarely what you really want. If you want to wrap text around
both image and caption, it's better to insert both inline (In Line With
Text) and then put both in a frame. If you want to retain the text box,
however, note that you can use Format | Text Box | Text Box to reduce the
internal margins.

http://word.mvps.org

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Thanks, Suzanne, that worked! Now I select the image and click Insert -
Caption. After adding my own text, with the top margin set at 0 the text
is still too low in he caption box. Can I control that. Also, can I
control the spacing between the lines of text? Finally, how do I remove
the border around the caption box?

Thank you!

Steve

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
When you click on the image in the document, the Picture toolbar should
be displayed. Click the Text Wrapping button on that toolbar (dog icon)
and choose Square.

http://word.mvps.org

"Steve" wrote in message
I have many .bitmap images in a folder I want to include in a Word
document. I have found that when I go to Insert - Picture - From File,
select the image and it is pasted into the document I can not enter text
on the right side of the image. I found a menu item that brings up a word
wrap function but the button is grayed out and inactive. Is there a way
to be able to enter text at the right side of an image?

Thanks!

Steve