Herb Tyson [MVP]

The article in question mentions Tweak UI as a possible culprit. Do you have
Tweak UI? If so, then you'll need to reenable the MRU list from there.

If you don't have Tweak UI, then the problem is probably registry
corruption. You might see if the steps shown here can help you get it back:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Thanks, Again

David

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284896 "'Most recently
used' list missing from File menu and 'Recently used file list'
option unavailable in Office XP and 2003".

David K. Cordova wrote:

The solution offered from MS Word Help {Tools/Options/General} is the
correct
one except the "Field" "Recently used file list" is not in black or
accessable. It is there in a faded gray font and I am unable to access
it -
or check the box that would allow this feature.

How can I gain this feature back as I do appreciate it

Please resond to

Thank you

David K. Cordova