Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen Jen is offline

Default Track Changes not staying off in Tools, Options

If there are tracked changes in your document, there's no way to have them
not show up - it's a security feature so that you're aware there are tracked
changes (which can sometimes be embarrassing) before you send the document to
someone else.

If you're happy with the document as it is, you can accept all the changes
and they will go away. Make sure your Reviewing toolbar is showing, then do
Ctrl+A to select your entire document (this step isn't technically necessary,
I don't think, but I've had some changes missed when I skip it), then click
on the down arrow next to the checkmark and choose "Accept All Changes".
Then, make sure Track Changes is turned off (you should see the toggle button
on the toolbar - make sure it's not highlighted). This will prevent the
problem from arising again in the future.

Hope this helps.

"Training Goddess" wrote:

I don't want Track Changes balloons to display in my Word documents as a
default. When I turn the feature off in Word 2003, then close and re-open the
document. The balloons reappear on the right. How can I turn this feature off
permanently.

Thanks in advance!
Training Goddess