Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gil Gil is offline

Default Word 2007 Format Painter doesn't work when d-clicked

I have the same problem. Here's what I figured out:

Whenever a document contains a header or footer with a page number selected
from the page number gallery, the format painter double click mode does not
"stick". Once you insert the page number, the format painter double click
goes away on its own after you apply it once. But much worse, it also goes
away if you scroll - by mouse or keyboard - just a little bit in the document
(about a page).

Fortunately, the workaround is quite simple: insert a page number field
manually via Quick Parts instead of the gallery.

I think the problem started happening with SP1, so that might explain why
the problem is only happening on some machines.

Gil

"Roberta" wrote:

The format painter works with a single click, however when double-clicked it
works once then I have to go back and click it from the tool bar. Is this a
bug in 2007? Not every PC here with Word 2007 is doing this. We are on
Windows XP Pro.