Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Styles in global templates

Hi Michael,

Yes. While Quick Styles are saved in .dotx files, they can be saved in their own templates.

on the Home Ribbon
Change Styles=Style Set=Save as Quick Style Set
will put it in the 'Quick Styles' folder.

Quick Style Sets in that folder are loaded at Word startup and listed under the 'Change Styles' choice.

============
"Michael Mannion" wrote in message ...
Tony,

If I understand correctly, Quick Styles have to do with the presentation on
the ribbon; the styles themselves, I believe, still come from either a
template or the current document. Is there something different about the way
that these styles are stored/managed, relative to 'regular' styles?

-Michael
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP