Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Getting weird symbols from Equation Editor not desired symbol

Open the equation editor and click Style Define. Make sure the three
entries L.C. Gree, U.C. Greek, and Symbol all have the Symbol font chosen in
their dropdowns.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Arizonaclone wrote:
I am trying to create an inequality in my document but when I request
the less than/equal symbol I get some strange symbol that looks like
a lower case j followed by a capitol U with two dots above it. I
tried other symbols and for the most part I get weird results also.
Don't have any idea how to proceed. Thanks for any help I can get. I
am using Word in Office 2003.