Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JohnH JohnH is offline

Default Blank Merge Fields Still Print when told not to.

Thanks All,
I'm not sure what was in the original merge that caused the problem but I
simply deleted all the merge fields then re-selected them and all is well. I
compaired a old version that still does not weok to a new version that does
and I can't see any visible difference in the merge fields? All I know is
one works the other does not? I did't need any of the IF stuff.

This is what my merge looks like

«O_TITLE»
«O_OWNER»

It was the title field that was still printing when blank.

No clue what was different.

---The actual merge fields above have the brackets and merge stuff. It just
doesnt copy and past correctly in here?

Thanks Again
John

"JohnH" wrote:

Word/Excel 2000
I have a word merge and an excel datafile. Even though I select don't print
blank lines when data fields are empty, the blank field still prints.. The
excel file is a simple table of name, titles, addresses. I tried manually
blanking out fields that had data and they also print when I delete the data.

Thanks
John