Charles Kenyon

This new name does not appear at the top of your document does it? (above
the menus)

This is a temporary file created by Word. When Word is properly closed, the
file will be deleted. It isn't intended for you to be able to open it
directly.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"woryn" wrote in message
news
After I save a file using Word 2003, Word changes the first two characters
of
the name to ~$. The Word icon next to the file name also appears grayed
out.
Here is an example. I save a file as Document1, but when it is displayed
in
my folder it shows as ~$cument1.doc. Has anyone else had this issue and
is
there a way to fix it?