Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default automatically suppress Space Before after a column break (Word200

So ... no one wants to address OP's original problem, that "Suppress
Space Before" isn't working?

On Jan 28, 2:21*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
It depends how often you need to do it in a given document. I tend to wait
for several occurrences before defining a style, though I do routinely have
a Body Text Space Before style to use after tables (even in documents with
no tables).

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message

Being somewhat of a control freak I'd probably create a separate style for
cases such as this one. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or just manually remove the space before from that one paragraph.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
You could just surrender and create another Style which is identical
to the one you're using except it has no Space Before, and apply that
after your column break.

On Jan 28, 9:56 am, cms wrote:
HEEEEEELP!

After a Continuous section break, I have created 2 columns. Styles have
Space
Before and/or After. When I force a column with a column break, the
second
column is keeping the Space Before. Please note I have already selected
the
compatibility option 'suppress Space Before after a hard page break or
column
break'. What am I missing?-