Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Paddy Landau Paddy Landau is offline

Default "Print what" default in Word 2007

Suzanne, that helped me understand what was happening, thank you,
so I realised that I could search the help facility for "markup".

In previous versions of Word, I used comments to help remind me
of various points. Specifically, Word 97 showed the existence of
comments with a yellow highlight over the words, which did not
print. Using mouse hover, right-click or a menu option allowed
comments to be viewed or edited.

Word 2007, however, includes comments as part of the markup.

Is there a way to have Word 2007 simply display the existence of
comments (as did Word 97), when I have set Tracking to "Final"?
Alternatively, is there another way of leaving notes in Word 2007
that are visible on-screen but not printed?

Either of those would help me tremendously.

Thank you again.

Paddy