Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Problem with page numbers in table of contents

Glad I could help.

"karen110" wrote in message
news
Thanks, Suzanne, that was exactly what I was looking for!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you asking how to omit numbering for one or the other of the entries?
This is certainly possible. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/T...mitPageNumbers

"karen110" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm using Word 2003 and Index and Tables to generate a table of
contents.
want page numbers to appear, and have that all set up. But the problem
is
that I have an article title followed by a subtitle, and it doesn't
look
right to see this:

Article title....... 5
Subtitle............. 5

The article title is too long to fit the subtitle on the same line in
the
TOC. I know that you can't have some lines of the TOC with page
numbers
and
others without. Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks,
Karen