Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman wrote:
Ernie Nivens wrote:
I have received an email with an attachment of addresses. The file is
in a "sdc" format. Any clues on how to open it???

According to http://mathstat.carleton.ca/~help/FAQ/MSDNAA_FAQ.html:
--------
What is an SDC file?
The .SDC file format is a Secure Download Cabinet file. It is an
encrypted and compressed file format for Internet delivery of the
products. The product executable that is downloaded from ELMS
decrypts and extracts the product. If you have an SDC file on your
hard drive after downloading a product, the process has failed.
Delete the SDC and try again.
--------

You can try opening the file in a program such as WinZip, but it
probably won't work. If it fails, I suggest you reply to the sender
and ask for the file in some standard compression format such as .zip.

AlexL is probably right. I don't use OpenOffice so I've never seen its
extensions -- but it seems odd that a Google search for "sdc file" didn't
turn up a single mention of OpenOffice in the first 50 hits.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman