Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura79

Default Page number restart

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Okay, let's deal with the problems in order:
snip

Open Tools | Customize and select the Commands tab. In the Categories list,
select All
Commands. In the Commands list, scroll down to InsertBreak and drag it to
the Insert menu. Hover over Insert until the menu opens, then drop the
command on the menu.

[Laura79:] HOORAY! - Now I am seeing what the FAQ files keep talking about.
Thank You!!

There is no manual page break.

You can insert a manual page break (if needed) by pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Thanks, but I was just confirming that I did not have one there, per
instructions in the FAQ file.

snip

FWIW, numbering conventionally begins with the title page (i) and continues
throughout the front matter, each page having a number whether it is
displayed or not.

[Laura79: ] OK, then I will stop trying to "fix" it.

Thank you so much for your help, Suzanne. You're the tops!