Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jerry Garnett Jerry Garnett is offline

Default Also having problem with Word Merge data source

I have been able to create a merge document and save the data source using paths such as T:\Data\s1prod\word_us or U:\, with the template document and the data source (a .dat file) in the same folder. Although asked to confirm the data sources's location, when I click on 'Yes' the document opens using the relevant data source.

However, when I use a path like \\Studep1.isd.ad.flinders.edu.au\t1\S1\Data\s1acce pt43\word_us I still get asked to confirm the data source when opening the template but it doesn't recognise this path and asks me to select a new data source. I can re-select the same data source and generate a document but when I save the template and re-open it, the same process occurs. It looks like Word doesn't like either the long path or not using a Drive letter.

Any ideas?