H. S.

Apparently, _jay_, on 21/01/05 20:24,typed:
If you can publish it as a PDF, then EPS might be more tempting.
I don't think Word 2000 can print EPS files to non-PS printers, except
by sending the preview image.
Since the PDF process uses a PS output, the EPS files work fine. IF
people must print the Word file from wherever, you'd better use the EMF
format, or TIF, or something other than EPS.
Cheers
Jay

Would using EPS be better in the situations where a Word document (e.g.
a technical paper or a report or a thesis) is always printed to a PS
file using a PS printer?

I follow this practice since there is no certainity if the same document
will print on others's printers as it exactly prints on mine whereas a
PS file will print the same no matter what printer is used. And the
resulting PS file can be easily converted to a PDF. (Now, if I did
invest and install the expensive Adobe Acrobat, it would be a different
story.)

Sam.
--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.