Oliver Walter

TF and Graham: thank you - it was highlighting. I did not have the
icon displayed and had never used it. Now, I found it, put it on the
toolbar and used it - and it removed the yellow highlighting.

Maybe somebody should produce lists (or has it been done already?)
of various features in the appearance of a document that could be
generated by different methods, and listing the different ways that
may be required to modify or remove them.

For example, this one could have been Format Shading, Highlighting,
shading in a table with invisible cell boundaries.. any others?

--
Oliver