Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thongjoon thongjoon is offline

Default virus changing default language.

I am using Office 2003 on WindowsXP professional. The languages set are
English (as default) and Thai.

One day, upon opening a word document, I found something strange. (2551)
became )2551( and 1. became .1 This made me a lot of headache. I noticed
that the language has changed to Arab (Saudi Arabia).

I cannot solve this problem. I suspect that it is a virus. I tried to find
the name of the virus but all in vain. I turned of all macos. I went to
Options and unchecked everything. My MS word is now more like Wordpad.

I upgraded my Office 2003 to Office 2007 a few days ago. I convert my old
Arab virus infected MS word 2003 file into Office 2007 format. This did not
solved my problem either. I found that the default language of my Office 2007
changed to Arab (Saudi Arabia) without my knowledge and permission. I now
changed it back to Thai.

Please advise what should I do?