Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default URGENT: How to Include the Chapter number in the TOC like I-1,

This document came to me built with non-numbered headings. The section
numbering indicates autonumbering and when you update the toc, I can see that
the toc was built using the outline feature. Perhaps the outline feature is
contra-indicated when you want to show section numbers in the toc?
--
Janet A.

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Are you using Word's autonumbering to number your headings?

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
unfortunately no. I'm wondering if it has to do with not using a style for
the page number itself?
Can you send me a sample of the problem document?

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

How to do? Thnaks!