Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rocky Rocky is offline

Default Here's a FUN challenge to Power Layout folks... Verticle LetterHea

Hope someone can shed some light.
There is no shortage of how-to's on creating letterhead via the header and
footer technique. However, I am wondering if you can do the same for
letterhead (stationary) that is on the LEFT side margin.

You know the kind of letterhead that is NOT in the header and footer but
rather a verticle line up and down the left side margin. Typically (like our
company) in this left side margin you have corporate logo and office
locations shown in about an 8pt font.

It's easy of course to build this as a graphic and then have the text
aligned "left" of the graphic, but that doesn't give you the same "auto
display" aspect that happens when you build letterhead using header and
footer. Remember when you do it that way? as you type and need more pages the
new pages show up with the stationary visible automatically.

I want to accomplish this same thing but with the corporate info in the side
left margin.

- I've seen hacked examples where people try to use columns... that is
horrible solution.
- So lastly, the best thing I can come up with is create a long image with
logo and text of stationary (letterhead), insert into doc as an image aligned
left (not inline image) and then the users would have to copy and paste this
image to each page. That is NOT likely doable for our users as they are not
that tech savvy.

If all this made sense... thanks if you have some help / recommendations.
Even if this is only possible in the latest WORD and not 2003..., I'd still
like to know. Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

--
Rocky''''''''s Curious Coding