Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott[_7_] Scott[_7_] is offline

Default Numbering paragraphs - 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and so on

Office 2007 - Word
I want to have my document organized with numbered topics.
1 first
1.1 yyyyy
1.2 zzzz
2 second
2.1 aaaa
2.2 bbbb
2.2.1 more

I am using the standard styles for my heading style (Heading 1, Heading 2....)

Modify the style (Heading 1, for example), "Define New Number format" using
the number style 1, 2, 3, ... then setting the Number format to 1.. This
works fine for the first level.

Now modifying Heading 2 with Number stype 1, 2, 3, ... and setting the
format to 1.1 I getting the following:

1 heading 1
1.1 xxx
1.2 xxxx
2 Heading 2
1.1 aa
1.2 bb

Clearly not what I am after. How do I set this up?
--
Scott Norberg