Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default 'Trusted Templates'?

I already have my Templates folder on the Places Bar (Word 2003), and for me
that's handy, but for the run-of-the-mill user, it was a great convenience
to have Word default to the designated user templates folder when *.dot was
selected as the file type.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Been there, filed that, supplied compelling arguments (to more than one
softie), nada. This one is indeed "By design". They deliberately changed

the
behavior.

I actually kinda like the new method now. It's a very handy way to access
your User Templates and other files in your profile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Sure, add it to the list.

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:49:11 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I'd call that a bug, too. Should we escalate this and get it fixed for

the
next version?

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
. ..
I'm also bemused that Word 2007's Save As, unlike every earlier
version of Word, doesn't automatically switch the current folder to
the Templates location when you go to save a template; it leaves you
in the My Documents folder or whatever other folder was last used. I'd
consider that a bug.