Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Drown Charles Drown is offline

Default Page numbering problem, Word 2003

Thanks Robert and Graham,

I eventually managed it after I realised that headers and footers
need to be both/independently unlinked from previous sections.
And that unlinking the header did not unlink the footer, even though
the document was telling me that it was still linked. Need to get my
eyes seen to!

Charles Drown

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 17:03:21 +0200, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

Robert has already answered this? However just to confirm - do you actually
have a section break between your 'sections'. If so then open the header
footer view whilst in your second section and the indication will be that
you are in the header of section 2. By default the headers of the sections
are automatically linked, but the button on the header toolbar should
already be selected to break that link. Break it! You can then have
different header/footers for each section - including numbering schemes.