Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How do I keep styles in a word table when copying and pasting

This may help.
Tools, Options, Edit, check the "show paste options buttons" box. This will
give you options when you paste whethe rto keep source formating or
destination formating.
Also you can try the "Smart cut and paste" box and in the Settings uncheck
the "Adjust table formatting and alignment on paste".
I tend not to have either of these options checked anyway so not sure if
this will solve the problem you are seeing.
DeanH

"Andy" wrote:

I have two tables with many different cells that are identical in size.

One table (source table) contains the text that I need to put into the
second table (destination table). The destination table contains the styles
/ formatting that I want to use. The source table contains incorrect
formatting that I do not want to import into the destination document. When
I copy and paste the source table cells / contents to the destination table
it retains the source table formatting. I do not want this to happen.
Normally when I paste into a document a button comes up that allows me to
retain the destination table formatting. This does not happen when I paste
to more than one cell in a table at a time. If I paste as unformatted text,
all formatting / styles are lost and all formatting becomes "normal".

Is there some way to copy and paste more than one cell at a time from one
table to another and retain the destination formatting / is there some work
around for this deficiency in word? Doing so will save me many hours of
repetitive and mind numbing copying and pasting.

Thanks.

-Andy