Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Mail merge - use specific fields in the contacts folder to customi

Start the merge from Outlook -
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
See also the article prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Rachelle wrote:
Can you tell me how to do a mail merge from outlook using MS Word
Mail merge , whereby specific fields in the outlook contacts folder
could be used to selectively incorporate aspects into the
communication to be sent out by email

eg. I have a set of contacts in Contacts sub folder
the view has a few customized fields
lets say for example that one field is called embed (with a
"Y" or "N" value) and a second field is called FN (with a filename
called "xyzfile" )
in the mail merge I would want to
check if embed = "Y" then 'attach' the file "xyzfile"
the file could be either .xls, .jpeg, .ppt

I have Word 2002

Thanks,
Rachelle