Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Inconsistent results with Zip code

Your machine doesn't have the latest security updates. Hers does.

Sarah K wrote:
I had a user who was having the problem with zip codes displaying as
0's when merged into a Word document. I read the tips on this site
on how to fix it, which were very helpful.

My question regarding this issue is a little different. When I ran
the
merge on my machine, all of the zip codes displayed properly without
switches or selecting "Comfirm conversion at Open". I confirmed that
she and I were completing the merge in the same way. We both have
Word 2002 SP2. I DO have Word 2003 installed on my machine also, but
I made sure I was working in 2002.

While my client was satisfied with the workaround, she wants to know
why I could complete the merge successfully, but she got 0's. Any
ideas on an explanation?