Graham Mayor

If the company maintains such a tight control, this may not be possible.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
In the meantime, put your custom toolbar in a global template in
Word's Startup folder.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The normal.dot is a user file and certainly should not be shared. It
is meant to contain user configurations. What it contains is
no-one's business but your own. Company standards can (and should)
be maintained using document templates. Whether you can convince the
IT nazis of this is another issue - maybe when someone crashes
normal.dot and brings the whole company to a halt?

RS Lanigan wrote:
I want to have my customized toolbar available to all documents.
However, saving them to the template is not possible because I use a
company-wide template that is on our network (and thus, I cannot
alter it). Copying the template to my individual PC is not
recommended by our SIS group because they have problems with people
using obsolete versions of the template. We must be attached to the
networked version. I also don't want to have to recreate my toolbar
every time I create a document.

Is there a way to save the toolbar so I can use it all the time
without saving it to a specific document or template? I couldn't
find anything that would allow me to do this, and I can't believe
I'm the only one who would find that useful.