Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
A Leech

Default pleading format macro

Because the formatting is lost (italics, bold, spacing, etc.) styles are not
being used by the attorneys and when you are working on a large number of
documents at one time cutting and pasting, renaming and reformatting them all
is not really an effective use of time and there is always the risk of
getting interrupted and saving over something wrong. I CANNOT be the only
who is so frustrated with this in Word. I purchased a book specifically for
law firms to help with this and they do nothing but push their software and
give you instructions for the wizard, which is useless to me.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Why not paste the document into one based on a template that includes the
line numbers and borders?

"A Leech" wrote in message
Does anybody have a macro to insert into an existing document that inserts
pleading format - line number and borders?? Or a suggestion to prevent
losing the formatting of a document when cut and pasted into the pleading
template? Unfortunately I get documents from somebody who doesn't use
styles. . . and I have to reformat everything when I paste into template.