Jean-Guy Marcil

Thomas Campitelli was telling us:
Thomas Campitelli nous racontait que :

Howdy Folks,

I would like to make it so that Word defaults to Body Text instead of
Normal for the default style. I read that using something besides
Normal can be wise for a long document, but I would like to make it
more automatic than having to specify Body Text all the time. i did
some googling but did not come up with anything. Is this advisable?
Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

One way of doing this would be to open your Normal.dot template (Get its
location from Tools Options... File Locations tab path listed next to
User Templates), assign the Body Text style to the lone paragraph mark (¶)
that appears when you show all non printable characters (the ¶ on the
standard toolbar), and then save/close the Normal.dot template.

--
Salut!