Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ed Sheehan Ed Sheehan is offline

Default Splitting Partial Rows

I have a similar problem as Oscar above. I have 12 columns and 99 rows, all
filled with text and formatting (sections with gray headings etc.).

This table has three 4-column sections side-by-side. I need to add some rows
to only the rightmost section, but even via spitting cells, the whole
12-column row gets split. And unlike inserting rows, splitting cells makes
only the text contents move down, not the formatting, border styles etc.
Very frustrating!

Can I split the table along the third major column (actually between col8
and col9)? As I understand it, I can only split at a row border, not a
column border.

Or do I need to just make three tables out of the thing, then attach them
together physically but not logically, so they'll stay independent? If so,
how can I do that?

Thanks,

Ed