Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How to remove cross references before printing

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:59:02 -0700, mooseo wrote:

I'm using Word 2007.

I have a document with several figures that I have used cross-
references to link to the appropriate spots in the text. So far, so
good.

Now, the publisher wants me to submit the document as 2 separate
files: one with the the text and one with the figures. If I delete the
figures from the one, however, all my text references point to nowhere
and let me know that, in bold."Error! Reference source not found"

Is there some way to remove the cross references and just paste the
inline text into my document?

thanks for any help.

mike

If there are only a few references, you can right-click to select each
cross reference (because left-clicking will cause the cursor to jump
to the picture) and press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to "unlink" the field,
changing it into plain text.

If you have lots of them, use this macro (see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed):

Sub FlattenRefs()
Dim Fld As Field
For Each Fld In ActiveDocument.Fields