Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Need help with Undo Automatic Numbering

If you want manual numbering then Tools autocorrect options autoformat
as you type - uncheck automatic numbered lists (and probably most of the
rest of the stuff on that page too).

Terri wrote:
Need to know how to disable this function. I work with Word daily and
number by hand my items such as:
1. John Smith
1234 Main St
Anywhere USA 10000
2. and so on but when I get to the 2nd and 3rd lines, the undo
automatic number shows up and I have to right click and cancel, but
it keeps coming back!
I am indenting the lines and do not use the tab to do this, I do it
by hand so that might be causing the problem. Can't seem to figure
out how to use the tabs either.
Thanks in advance..