TF

If this was a preformatted disc, it would suggest that the drive you tried
it on is out of alignment. I expect that if you did a full format of the
floppy on that drive, I expect it would have worked. Floppies are mechanical
and very ancient technology.

However, don't do it. You should NEVER save or read a document directly
from/to a floppy. Always use the HDD and then COPY to or from the floppy.

The best solution is to throw away the floppy drive and use something
designed for the 21st Century.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"sf" wrote in message
oups.com...
: I've had the experience of trying to save a doc on a floppy that I knew
: was formatted and getting that message. When I moved to a different
: computer, I could save onto the disk... so what's wrong with the
: computer that won't let me save to removable disk?
:
: sf
: ``````````````
:
:
: garfield-n-odie wrote:
: You should not open a Word document directly from removable media
: (floppy disk, CD, etc.). Doing so will likely corrupt the Word file
: or
: the media itself. Instead, you should copy the Word file to your
: hard
: drive, edit the file there, and then copy the modified file back to
: the
: removable media.
:
: RockyMtnHigh wrote:
:
: I have a formatted disk that I have been using for quite some time
: and now
: the computer won't let me open it. I keep getting a msg that says
: the disk
: is not formatted or may have been made for a Mac. I have windows
: XP and
: using Office 2003.
: