sf

TF wrote:
From your description, the floppy itself must be badly manufactured.

However, I repeat my advice, never open directly from or save

directly to a
floppy. When Word opens or saves a file, it creates temporary files

in the
active folder (the floppy in this instance) that it uses for building

up the
file structure and for creating a windows locking file to stop other

users
opening the file whilst you have it open.

If you have always done this and got away with this, you are in a

vast
minority.

Terry

I did it before I was told otherwise a few years ago and never had a
problem. So, yes I am part of that minority. LOL. I also have saved
directly to floppy - keeping a copy on the HD afterward. Never had a
problem up to this, but I'm inlined to blame the floppy since it
happened with 3 different computers. Oh, well. It's over now. Thanks
for reminding me of the proper protocol to save.

Now I need to find a ardware group so I can as about dual channel SDRAM
and I guess I need to figure out how to find a microsoft xp group from
google (not easy) to ask about which OS and Office version to order on
a new computer.