Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Extending table rows changes text formatting

Change the font size defined for the table style. Right-click the applied
(highlighted) style in the Styles group on the Table Tools: Design tab, and
choose Modify Table Style.

Note, however, that table styles are unpredictable (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html). Therefore, you
might prefer creating a paragraph style with the desired formatting and
apply that to the text of cells.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John9210" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007 on Win Vista. When I add rows to a table (using tab),
the
text size changes to size 9 in the new row. The text is using the Normal
style (Calibri (Body), size 10). When I click on the new text to check
it's
style, it is using Normal, but it displays as size 9 anyway. I have to
manually select the cells and apply size 10. What's causing this?