Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge documents print separately and force to duplex

I am not sure that the Built-in 2 sided printing which that printer does is
really the same thing as Duplex printing as is done by your regular office
printer. Duplex printing is a function of the printer, not of the
software.

If you are printing an ordinary document, is it printed on both sides of the
paper?

Whatever you can get the printer to do when you print an ordinary document,
that macro will do if the settings of the printer itself are the same.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Kbrad32 via OfficeKB.com" u47076@uwe wrote in message
I have my printer set to print both sides as my default but when I run the
macros it doesn't do anything but print. Now, the arguments you want me to
implement I am unsure on how to do so. Can you provide more details. My
printer is an Canon Pixma MP 830 if that makes a difference. Thanks for
your
response.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
I am using this code and it works perfectly, but even when I have my
printer
to DUPLEX it still print single sheets instead on front and back. Is
there

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
Next i
End With

Are you sure that either your printer is set to Duplex printing by
default or that you are selecting a copy of the printer that has Duplex
printing set on by default.

There is no attribute for the Print Out command that controls the duplex
setting of a printer that has duplex printing capabilities.

There is however an attribute for setting ManualDuplexPrint to True to
print a two-sided document on a printer without a duplex printing
ability. If this argument is True, the PrintBackground and PrintReverse
properties are ignored. Use the PrintOddPagesInAscendingOrder and
PrintEvenPagesInAscendingOrder properties to control the output during
manual duplex printing.