Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LabrGuy Bob R LabrGuy Bob R is offline

Default Some fields merge properly and others don't show data

Good Day,
I have a Excel Spreadsheet as my data source and am running Excel and Word
2003 along with windows XP

I have numerous fields in the Excel and they are formatted in various
sytles; Currency, General, Numbers, telelphone numbers, dates and times.
My problem: Most of the data transfers fine into my merge WORD document but
quit a bit will show up with a "0" in the merged field instead of the actual
data. The data will display fine in the excel spreadsheet, but not on the
view merge info button. It's different than when I have a blank because that
shows up as blank.

I have tried restarting the WORD document removing and reinstalling the
actual merge field etc.

The switches on the numbers, dates etc are plugged into the formatting of
the field like all the help files say, and while they will format the
results of the fields that show different than 0, thats all I get from them
as they can't do it with the 0 cells.

any ideas

Bob R