Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Creat table from internet cut-n-pasted html layout 'table'

I'm glad things are working out for you. I only have Office 2007 available
to me right now, so please contact the Excel group for questions about
sorting in Excel.

When you are ready to put the table back into Word do this:

In Excel, highlight all the columns and rows you want to copy. Then press
Ctrl+c

In Word, place the cursor where you want the table to appear. Press Ctrl+v.

This will produce a regular Word table.

HTH,
PamC

doonboggle wrote:
UPDATE....

After playing with it most of today, am now able to finally see the marks
you mentioned; indicating that at least I now have a 'table' on my hands.
But am having lots of trouble getting the many cells, columns to come
together as one. Was able to use the Automat format option and seems to have
success. Then converted it all to Word text format so that could import into
Excel as you suggest., and it looks terrific.
Now want to redo this process so that it is in Word format. Looked up
'Help' for this, and the instructions don''t seem to work for me ...
particularly with the 'Copy and paste' instructions.
Of course am open for other suggestions. Excel is not familiar to me.
I tried the 'sort' in the Word version earlier, and it locks up my
computer's response to the Word process. Have to close out the working copy
I have, and restart. Did so about 3 times, and then started trying the Excel
process.
When the formatting symbols are being shown, do you see the tab symbols (†’)
and paragraph marks at the end of each line?

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
hundred rows.
Thank you.