Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default replacing blocked text

Check tools options edit typing replaces selection.

greenie wrote:
I used to be able to block text and type a letter which would replace
the entire text. Now, when I block the text and type a letter, the
letter is just added at the end of the blocked text.

Also, I used to be able to block text and press "backspace" and the
block text would be erased. Now when I block text and press
"backspace," the cursor just goes to the beginning of the blocked
text.

WHY IS IT DOING THIS!?!!!

Blocked text + delete works just fine though.