Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Baraka Baraka is offline

Default How do I hide the formatting symbols?

"Sara" wrote:

Greg - I did what you suggested and the dots disappear, but I still have the
paragraph symbol and arrows pointing to addressees and date. It is driving
me crazy. How do I get rid of them - I am a novice user. If I click on
CTRl + Shift+ 8 it goes back to dots between words and if I click again it
gets rid of dots, but the other symbols remain. Any suggestions? Sara

"Greg" wrote:

CTRL+SHIFT+*

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm