Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hyndman

Default Macro for saving to two locations

I have tried to use the macro from G. Mayor's site which saves a
document in two locations, but when I try to do so I get a 5152 error
message, this is not a valid file name etc.,
I have created the necessary folder for the back up and debug opens with
the "ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=strFileB" highlighted.

Sub SaveToTwoLocations()
Dim strFileA, strFileB, strFileC
ActiveDocument.Save
strFileA = ActiveDocument.Name

'Define backup path shown in blue below
strFileB = "C:\My Documents\Word Backup\Backup " & strFileA
strFileC = ActiveDocument.FullName
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=strFileB
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=strFileC
End Sub

I am using Word2K and Word2K3

Any help with this gratefully recieved.

Regards

Mike H
remove -bats- to reply

"Ingratitude is never having to say thankyou".