Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Default Close Botton in the Word toolbar - it vanishes!!

If you are customizing Word while you have a document open, then you are
customizing the document itself rather than Word. So, I suggest that you
open Word without opening any documents and then customize Word. Then you
can close out of Word. The next time you open it, you should still see your
Close button.

BTW - you will need to close out of Outlook while you perform the
customization, because if you use Word as your Email editor, then Outlook
will prevent the customization from "sticking".

See also, http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm because
you are actually customizing the Normal.dot template.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Xavier" wrote in message
Hello,

I have "customized" my Word (2003) toolbar to include the CLOSE button.
It
appears as long as I do not close the program. Once the program is
closed,
and then re-open the program I have to "recustomize" the toolbar. Any
thoughts on why this happens?

Appreciative of your support,

Xavier