Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Making a line using "Horizontal Line" in Borders and Shading

Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Show document content: Show text
boundaries.

http://word.mvps.org

"dhstein" wrote in message
Suzanne,
Thanks for your reply. I tried resizing the line - but it does not work.
It allows me to "pull" the line to the right, but when I let go it keeps
the
original size. Also, how do I display text boundaries? Thanks.

David

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Perhaps you have an invisible drawing object that is obscuring or
deflecting
part of the line? Displaying text boundaries might help you troubleshoot
this issue. Note also that the horizontal lines are graphics that are
resizable.

http://word.mvps.org

"dhstein" wrote in message
I'm making 2 lines in my document using "Horizontal Line" from borders
and
shading. The first line is great goes from the left margin to the
right
margin. The second line which is after some text, starts further to
the
left
and is shorter than the other line. I even did a copy and paste of the
first
line with the same result. Any help is appreciated.