Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
pms pms is offline

Default Widow Orphan Control in Text Boxes

I cannot put the logo in the header because it is a merge document that links
a logo for a variety of companies. The link does not resolve if it is in a
header.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless you're doing something extremely odd with this document, you should
be putting your logo in the header and the page number in the footer and the
rest of the text in the document body--no need for text boxes.

"PMS" wrote in message
The text needs to flow from one page to the next - in some cases these

forms
are 19 pages long. They are policy endorsements that need to have a link

an issuing company logo at the top and page number footers at the bottom.

The
endorsements are frequently modified and this is the easiest way to make

sure
text is not lost in cutting and pasting to a new page.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

*Why* do you need to use text boxes for this? It sounds a dreadful idea.
Frames or tables might work better for you - at least they are in the

text
layer of the document.

PMS wrote:
I have several lengthy documents that need to be set up in text
boxes. I cannot figure out how to control the widow/orphan function
in these text boxes. The feature is checked, but I still end up
having widow and orphans in my documents. Any ideas? Thanks, PMS