Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adjusting TOCto reflect page numbering Adjusting TOCto reflect page numbering is offline

Default Repeated appearance of the "Do not sheck spelling or grammar" chec

Hello,
could you please help with my question?
Every time I do control-A, choose tools/langauges/set languages und uncheck
"Do not check spelling or grammar" " to get the spelling and grammar to work,
the checking does not happen. ( Detect language automatically check is turned
off). The Normal template that I use for my document shows however that the
switch "do not check spelling or grammar" is not checked. When I do control-A
again to check and recheck the switch I see in there again but half shaded. I
do not get the green or red waves. My document is basically in german but
there are some english in it as well.

I would like to permanently turn it off to finally get my document being
checked as I type and see those waves work.

Thanks in Advance.