Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default How can I get an image to stay where I put it?

My world and welcome to it. I've never mastered the art of getting my
graphics to go where I want them in Word. I've tried the word-wrapping and
anchor settings and I'm never completely satisfied with the results.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carrie" wrote in message

For example, I put a picture (size that fits good) in upper left corner and
set the text to go down the side and then full page under it. I then want to
put an image on the bottom, maybe right corner. I can get it there, and
looks like the text goes down beside it, but in print preview (or when I
print it) the bottom picture seems to go onto a next page. Even though it
looks okay when I do it. And, if I didn't put the bottom picture on, the
text would all fit on one page (the way it shows when I do it)

Another example, I was playing with Word Art today, made sentence curve
(like a rainbow shape) and put a picture under it. For no reason, just
practicing. I clicked print preview/setup and it showed TWO pages with the
words on one and the picture on another.

Maybe there is a way to anchor things where I put them, or "group" them
(together) all on one page? The way they look when I set it up?

I keep thinking I will come to this in tutorials or my book, or figure it
out, but I've always had a problem like this (the little I've used Word for
images, I usually use Publisher) It seems the images don't stay where I put
them, or won't print the way they look, etc. It's probably something simple.
LIke "SIT" and STAY"! (LOL)

I haven't done much with tables but maybe this is the way?

This is Word 2007 but I was using 2003 up till recently.

Thanks