Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default word 2000 default file location of custom.dic in windows vista?

Hi ?B?cmlja2k=?=,

my husband accidentally changed the location of my custom dictionary. where
does word 2000 put it? i'm using windows vista.

Are you trying to find it? Or trying to figure out where to put it back to?

I'd probably try creating a new one, then searching the machine for *.dic
files...

FWIW, on Vista the default location is probably under

C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

possibly the folder "Proof"

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org